More than Church and Morals

Monday, June 07, 2010

Ah, Look at all the Lonely People

In the midst of my depression, I couldn't see past my own pain. My own roommate was struggling right in front of me, and I didn't see it. After speaking with my friend Scott and writing my last blog, it opened my eyes to what was going on around me. I may be hurting, I may be lonely, I may be depressed, but I am not the only one suffering this way. We aren't even the only two suffering this way.

There is a lot of soul-searching going on in our young adults' community right now: we're starting to realize what things are missing in our weekly meeting; we have about 5 new leadership teams in place, and each is doing their part to focus on their area of the ministry in order to strengthen it. It's hard, since we're basically starting with the foundation, and I can see that without prayer and seeking the Lord how it could go awry. Each team needs to remember to think of the other teams as well as their own in order that we continue moving forward, instead of all this turning into one big competition on which team can accomplish the most. I'm on the Hospitality team, and from our meetings alone, we're seeing just how much we have to catch up on, with the budget pretty much "limited" to our pockets.

So, Angela and I met together last night to pray before going to bed. It's been too long since I've prayed with someone, and it was very refreshing and exhilarating. In addition to seeing what God will do within and through our group, I also look forward to seeing how God will work in and through us each individually; my own quest continues for that additional part-time or full-time job, and I continue to fall on my face before my God -- not only to thank Him for how He has provided for me thus far, but also because I don't know where some money is going to come from this month. I only hope that when I have that other part time job, that I continue to realize just Who is providing that income, and that He will be glorified in and through all the work I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home