More than Church and Morals

Thursday, June 07, 2007

John

In case you're wondering why this is titled "John", I shall explain. Because for once my title actually really has to do with the entry.

John is a bird. A bright yellow w/ black Finch, to be specific. He is our unofficial pet bird. Unofficial because he lives outside, and we didn't buy him or anything. He just showed up at our window on Monday morning and has been there ever since. Seriously. All he does is peck on our windows, sit on perches by the windows, and fly off, we suppose to eat (and apparently there's a female bird who joins him every now and then at our windows, so perhaps to see her, too ;-) ). He started first just pecking on our bay window. Then today he started at our sliding back door and our kitchen window. We've tried a couple times to leave the door open to see if he would come in, but it hasn't worked so far :-).

Now Vincent says that he wants to buy a bird to be his pet, and Mom might actually let him. A bird would be cool to have. Except I think that if I got one, I'd feel bad because it would constantly be alone.

So one of these days I'll just get a couple dogs. But that's on the back burner right now 'cause I've got all sorts of other stuff to think about. Like college and how I hate that I'm gonna start so late.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home