More than Church and Morals

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Goooood morning beautiful!

So, everything that could've gone "wrong" this morning did. I mean, it started out moreorless on track, I woke up at 7:05, fell back asleep until my phone alarm went off at 7:25, and I had conveniently, or inconveniently :-), placed it last night (or rather earlier this morning), out of reach so I actually had to get up to shut it off. I had decided I would go to the gym this morning before going over to a friends house as I am her personal assisant for a couple months, so I had to make it to the gym by 8. Things seemed to be going well until I couldn't find my deoderant. I had put it in a backpack which I had taken on a hike with me, and the backpack was no longer where I'd put it. I found it rather easily as it was just on the stairs, but when I searched it, I found it empty. So I dashed all around looking for it, wondering where in the world do parents put deoderant that's been left in a backpack they apparently didn't want it to stay in even a day longer? Giving them the benefit of a doubt I checked the bathroom, not really expecting it to be there because it would've meant they'd have had to carry it all the way upstairs to put it on the counter. Then, forgetting all benefit of doubt, I checked the trash can, because I would not put it past my dad to just throw it away, although I wasn't sure it would've bothered him enough for him to do that, since he hadn't said anything to me about the backpack at any point in the past couple of days. Finally, I went back upstairs and used the first stick of deoderant that I found, which happened to be one of my brother's. Finally I grabbed my keys and my mom came downstairs. On my way out the door I asked if she knew where it was and she said, "It's in your desk." I hate it when they call it my desk. It's not my desk, it just happens to have a bunch of stories and papers and stuff from like, 7th or 8th grade when I did use the desk, so now whenever they're fed up with my stuff or need a quick stash, they put it there. I'm actually kind of surprised that I didn't think about it. Although right by the desk is a bin that has even more of my stuff in it, and I still wonder why they don't just use that. So by the time I left it was about 8:05. I dashed out the door, by now pretty uptight, and headed to the gym. No such luck. I was halfway there when my mom called and asked if Rachel (the friend I am a PA for) had gotten a hold of me yesterday. When I said, "No," she told me that Rachel had left a message for me on the answering machine yesterday and said I should probably come back home to listen to it and call her back.

Fighting frustration at this point and mumbling under my breath, I turned around and came back, knowing I wouldn't be going to the gym this morning. Being upset as it was, all the things that had kept me from the gym this past week started bothering me, when I really didn't mind anything and it had kind of been my choice on two of those occasions anyway. The first one was a hike that I do not regret going on, certainly not for the stupid gym! It was a lot of fun, although not much in the way of exercise (although considering the alternative of sitting around for most of the day instead, it was definately a sort of exercise). Tuesday I decided I wanted to go too late, so even though I wanted to I couldn't go to the gym. Wednesday I was completely planning on going to the gym during my lunch break. Close the lunch break Dr. J. said, "Hey Marie, make copies of these pages and pass them out to everyone on staff and tell them to read this one and think about it before our meeting at lunch." That one frustrated me the most because he seemed to think we all should've known we were meeting, and I think Dr. Banks and Preston did because they were at the last meeting where apparently they decided to meet every Wednesday afternoon during lunch for a few mintues. We were probably supposed to have been told, but Roni and I weren't. But, there wasn't much to be done about that, and I figured, O well, I'll go to the gym tomorrow. So much for that.

But, I get to help Rachel, and probably Roni and I will get off super early today and she and I can finally go to Olive Garden together and have some hang time. I am so grateful for Roni and that God has brought her into my life. My work has never been better, she is so amazing and I'm going to miss her so much when she leaves for college in the fall, but I definately won't lose touch with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home