More than Church and Morals

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

He's still working

Sunday night at Bible study Joe Bumba presented us all with a prayer someone had put together based on a few passages in the Bible. He told us how he'd seen it work in other's lives quickly, and he passed it out to all of us, and we prayed it for ourselves and each other. Monday morning I had the opportunity to pray it over one of the patients at the office and encourage her. The office had a busy day and Roni wasn't there and Dr. Ratcliffe said, "Marie, you need to be the RC." Before when I had to be the RC (the one who's basically all over the place) I either haven't done a very good job or I didn't have the best attitude about it, but this time I was like, "Yes, sir!" and took it over. I still forgot to make the next day's calls, though, because I'm so used to Roni doing it now. But the only bad part about forgetting to make the calls was one nutrition client didn't show up. The nutrition confirmation calls are the most important, because they are by appointment only. Although it's not so bad anymore because before Emily (the nutritionist) would only come in for the appointments, so if her first one, or last one didn't show up it was a whole hour or so of her time wasted because she has to wait and see if they're just running late and not calling. But now she works all day at the office on her nutrition days so she's there anyway so it's not so bad. And then today instead of 7-24 a bunch of the group and others from another group met at Reston Town Center where someone shared a message, and we prayed and worshipped. A couple of girls there started a kind of circulatory prayer thing where everyone went around to everyone and prayed with them, stranger and acquaintance alike. It was amazing, and so encouraging, but also humbling because the groups I've been in often put off prayer for discussion, or "We're tired, it's late, let's just make it quick and go home." I believe now more than ever that there needs to be more prayer around, especially in a Bible study group. I have seen so many amazing things happen in the past two days since that one prayer, and then all those other prayers...it's the start of a revival. Or so I hope. Revival, it's what we need. Our hearts are dead, our lives too easy and boring. It's safe, yes, but it's not much of a life. Haha, like the Pitty Party Crasher's skit, " You get up, you eat, go to work; you come home and go to sleep. It's just a lifeless cycle 'til the day you die." What we need is a revival. Perhaps this is the start of it.

And I've been thinking about started a small women's group. I'd like to read Captivating with other women. I believe it's greatly needed. The men in my Bible study have their Band of Brothers, and I thought maybe the women could do something similar (with a different name of course :-) ). Joseph suggested it a while ago, actually. At the time I wasn't much interested though; I was still struggling with distrust of women. I didn't know that was problem at the time of course. I mean, what woman distrusts women of all things? Usually it's the other way around, you know? But anyway. It's time to start taking a stand against the Devil.

I'm so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home