More than Church and Morals

Monday, April 09, 2007

NORMAL friends?!

"Normal friends".

The kind of friends who ask how you're doing because they feel obligated to, not necessarily because they really want to know. The kind of friends you don't wonder how they're doing during the week unless you know of a hard time they're going through, in which case you'll think of them and say a prayer and make a mental note to ask them how they're doing in that area the next time you see them, which you may or may not remember to do. The kind of friends who run out of things to talk about and constantly find themselves laughing nervously, shuffling feet, staring at the ground or pretending that they're looking for someone else they know because of awkward silence.

Piece of cake, right? I mean, we were only going out for two months during which we were only there for each other on every occasion that arose, we only called and texted each other every day and hung out almost every day. SURE I CAN GO BACK TO HARDLY NOTICING HE'S THERE. NO PROBLEM!

If you couldn't tell, there was not a single word written up there that wasn't written sarcastically.
The whole paragraph should scream to you BS! or whatever word or acronym you'd use to say, "Whatever Marie, you're lying through your teeth!"

The whole situation almost worse than stinks. I mean, I'll do my very best to pretend that nothing happened between us and I don't care if he's there or not because that's what he thinks is best, but this mission is hell on earth for someone like me, and that's almost an understatement.

So if I ever tell you I wish I'd never gone out with him, understand that what I actually mean is that I want to know how he's doing, he's going through a hard time and I want but can't be there for him, or I wish that I still had him to talk to when I'm going through a hard time or having a hard day, and all I need is an "Awe", a hug, and a joke or reminder that I really am glad I got to know him and I learned a lot. And maybe a listening ear if it's the latter situation of just needing someone to be there for me.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM , Blogger dog_and_boy said...

Aww, I am awful sorry, Marie. I've never gone through anything like it, and I don't understand, but it must be terrible. If I'm ever around or we get to talk soon, I could manage an "aww", and a hug if I was feeling brave, though I'm afraid I wouldn't be much use at making a joke. I could listen, though. I am going to try and call you and Joe back this weekend. Thanks for writing every now and then, I am reading it, if you ever feel like no one is.

Your friend,
Ani

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Marie said...

*smiles* I know you read it. lol, I probably just don't write many things that make people want to comment. I knew you'd at least comment on that last entry if you ever read it. I felt better after my rant :-), I guess I'll just have to see how things go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home