More than Church and Morals

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Girl and her Friend's Dog and Their Misadventures in the World

Taking care of and training a pre-air forcee owned large black lab is hard.

Yeah Ani, that would be yours :-).

Boy does it take persistance! But I was finally winning! Woohoo! I mean, he's a stubborn dog so I still have to remind him of what I expect of him when I say, "Ned, heel!" especially on our way from the house on a walk/run when he is the least tired. 'Cause at that time Ned wants to run full-speed, and I can't run as fast as he can, nor for as long, so it's a real trial getting him to stay next to me. But since I've been doing the best I know how with keeping him behind or next to me on a wun (walk/run, I know pathetic but hey...), he has been better behaved in general. And I think he realizes now that if he doesn't listen to me he doesn't get a treat, and he sure doesn't like that! I made sure to give him a good rub behind the ears today because he'd behaved the best so far! I didn't even need to keep tugging on his lead the whole way there and back!

And I think that's it for now. I'm hoping to be able to go to the Conversations play tonight at church, I hope my fellow work-people will ok that...

2 Comments:

At 2:07 AM , Blogger dog_and_boy said...

*grins* Well done, Marie! Thanks so much for taking care of him and being there for him an' all. And for doing such a great job. You've no idea how much it means to me, and how when I miss him like anything and want to just cry I know you've been his friend and companion when I couldn't and my family was gone, how much easier it makes it. You're positively a hero. I could hug you! I love the title and intro too. *laughs*

Your friend always,
Ani

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Marie said...

*beams* You've no idea how much that comment means to me. I'm so glad I can make it a little easier, at least you can rest well knowing he's ok, even when you can't be there yourself. Soon you will see him again, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home