More than Church and Morals

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

One year ago yesterday (all of 15 minutes), Lucky decided to disappear. Work had gone on as usual, and we closed too late to make it to the special 7-24 Valentine's Day dinner at RBC. I had made chocolate cookies out of cake mix, and put 5 or 6 hear-shaped red-hots on each one, and gave each employee (counting my boss) a plastic-wrapped package of two cookies. Lucky said it felt weird, because it was the first Valentine's Day he hadn't done anything of any sort -- even hang out with friends.

This year, I had special plans for Valentine's Day for the first time in my life. And it was grand, let me tell you; but I can honestly say I've never experienced a Valentine's Day that wasn't. I learned young that complete singleness is a gift that shouldn't be wished away. I decided to make Valentine's Day a good day no matter what, and besides that, the past few I've known the Lord as my Valentine, which left no void to be filled.

Today, Daniel and I were supposed to go to Nashville, TN, but due to weather conditions we couldn't go. So then (as told by Daniel), he had to think up a "Plan B". So at 10PM Tuesday night he called and asked to speak to one of my parents, and he presented my dad with "Plan B": Take a train to Pittsburg, have lunch, and come back. Dad said, "No, keep her near-by this time, some other day you can go somewhere else." So, then, not even having had a "Plan B" originally, he now had to think up a "Plan C"! Daniel said, "So this is how my mind works: Airplane!..Nope, can't do that....Train!...But nope, can't do that either......Boat!" Haha, so where'd we end up? In D.C. on the Spirit of Washington for a dinner cruise. And it was a lot of fun, and every table had a bouquet of 6 red roses for the lady, and a...what are those glasses called? The ones you get to take home from those kinds of things -- they put special alcoholic drinks in them. Anyway, two of those for each to take home. And the dinner came with a bottle of champaigne...and they don't check for ID...it was tempting to go ahead and drink it, but I settled for two sips to taste it because I wasn't at home. The cruise went from 6:30 to 10PM, and the dinner was salad, rolls, buffet, and dessert. Oh, and there was a show and then dancing.

And now I really need to get to bed. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home