More than Church and Morals

Saturday, April 28, 2007

And without much a-do we will all muddle through without *you*

Ashley and I finally managed to go yard-saling today, and by golly it was a good day to go. I found driving gloves that seem like they'll actually keep my hands warm while I'm driving in the middle of winter, we both each found a shirt we like, and I got a blue office chair ( :-) ) and a small bench press complete with bar and 110 lbs. worth of weights (for $5 !).

And that's where the story lies. The $5 bench press set. So Ashley and I set out at 9:20 this morning, Ashley hopped in my car with our coffee, and we headed off to the first destination right down the block. We got out and walked over, and go figure, I didn't see it right away (only I could miss a bench press!) 'cause I was looking to see if the box labeled "maternity clothes" had anything Rebekah might like. I can't remember who noticed the bench press first. I think Ashley pointed it out to me. But anyway, I was like, " '$10 for all' ?!" and started wondering if I could get Mom to buy it, because both C.J. and I would use it, and ye don't exactly see that every day. So I was like, "Well, I'll think about it. Let's keep looking." So we went around to a few more yard sales, I called Mom and she didn't get that she should be the one buying it -- she thought I was calling to ask if I could. *shakes head* So oblivious. I was like, well, if I buy it, when I move out I can take it with me. So after a few more yard sales, Ashley and I stopped by my house to put some stuff in my car in the house so the bench press would fit in the back of my car, and headed back to the yard sale for it.

When we walked up Ashley said, "Marie, look!" pointing at the set. The "$10" had been crossed out and replaced with "$5" for the entire thing! I thought about giving the seller $10 anyway, because it was still cheap, and the only reason they marked it down was because they thought they wouldn't get rid of it for $10 (because it isn't a pretty thing at all). But when she walked up I kinda forgot about that notion, oops. So I got a bench press, bar & and weights for only $5.

'Twas a good day for yard-saling today.

Also, last night I decided I was trying too hard when it came to my singing parts on the CD, and redid many of the already done songs, and I think I'll ask Joe to do the harmony on most of them. Considering the time frame Mrs. Trefzger would like it get done in, it would be easier that way as opposed to him teaching me all the harmony. So I believe the CD is now almost half-way done. Phew. And I'm thinking in a British accent (My Fair Lady is what we yard-saled to today). Random. Golly I'm strange. *grins* But you love me anyway ;-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home