More than Church and Morals

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Surrender don't come natural to me

"I'd rather fight You for something I don't really want
Than take what You give that I need."

Random little quote from a song, it just stuck out to me.

So, a few things have happened recently:

What was supposed to be a cookout turned out to be a beer pong party where
I found out that Auston's dog is ticklish, and
I was deemed "Can't be that bad" because I was nice to the dog.
Tuesday Roni called me and said that Mrs. Trefzger was leaving for Washington state the next morning and to have as much of the CD as possible done and on a CD by then, so
I asked Joe and Philip to do me the huge favor of meeting after 7-24 to finish the rest of the songs so they'd be done for her.
I was only up until 2 in the morning putting it together and burning two copies (one for her one for me for the office), and
I only had to re-burn the copies two times each the next morning :-).

Oh, before I continue, that's a semi-interesting story right there. So, I made those two copies and boy was it thrilling to hold that very first copy of my very first CD! Woohoo! And you know, of course, I'm all pumped up and excited and it's amazing that I managed to fall asleep quickly. Then I woke up the next morning and the chorus for "Because He Lives" was playing in my mind -- seriously, I woke up and the chorus started playing in my mind. And all of a sudden I sat up and was like, "Crap! I didn't put that song on the CD!" I thought about just giving her the CD anyway, but since I had realized it I just couldn't do that -- I had to give her the whole thing, after all, she'd been the one who asked me to make this CD in the first place. So I added "Because He Lives" to the mix and burned two more CD's. Then, I decided I should play it and make sure it wasn't screwed up or anything. So it gets to the second song and it's playing the unfixed version! It wasn't horrible, in fact it was quite pretty, but my harmony was off on certain spots all except one time at the end. So then I started looking through the songs and trying to remember if I had saved all the fixed versions of the other songs over any drafts I'd had before, and I got to almost the bottom of the list and thought, "Crap, I don't think I did for this one either." So I played it and, sure enough, it's just me singing, no harmony. Which still isn't horrible, but it was one of the songs we had just finished the night before -- I couldn't very well make Joe's hard work on the last minute harmony go to waste! So I fixed those two problems and burned two more copies. I decided I'd give Mrs. Trefzger both copies anyway, one for her to give her mom and one to keep or give to someone else. Then I took the other two copies to work with me to play one and do whatever with the other one. Which actually leads me to the next parts of "few things that have happened recently":

Mrs. Trefzger managed to stop by the office long enough to pick up her copies before leaving for the airport this morning -- her eyes lit up and it was priceless and worth every moment, and
I gave my good copy to one of the patients who came in this morning who had heard it and had recognized my voice, and she hugged it to herself and her eyes lit up. She's been pretty alone in her beliefs spiritually and I hope so much that it truly is an encouragement to her.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 AM , Blogger dog_and_boy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:16 AM , Blogger dog_and_boy said...

Marie, that's so incredibly wonderful! I can fully understand the reactions, I think you have one of the most beautiful singing voices in the whole world. When I come home, may I listen to your cd, please?

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Of course you may listen to it! If you'd like you may even have a copy for yourself, if you like it.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger dog_and_boy said...

Hurrah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home