More than Church and Morals

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Psalm 13

How long, O LORD?
Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart daily?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and hear me,
O LORD my God;
Enlighten my eyes,
Lest I sleep the sleep of death;
Lest my enemy say,
"I have prevailed against him";
Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

You know what I noticed? No matter what David wrote in his psalms, he always ends with total and complete faith and trust in God. Sometimes he asks God questions, admits that he doesn't like what's going on, or doesn't understand why it's happening, but he always ends with a positive note.

(1)"For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish."
(2)"Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him."
(3)"Salvation belongs to the LORD.
Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah"
(4)"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."
(5)"For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield."
(6)"The LORD has heard my supplication;
The LORD will receive my prayer.
Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;
Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly."
(7)"I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."
(8)"O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth!"
(9)"Put them in fear, O LORD,
That the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah"
(10)LORD, YOu have heard the desire of the humble;
You will prepare their heart;
You will cause Your ear to hear,
To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed,
That the man of the earth may oppress no more."
(11)"For the LORD is righteous,
He loves righteousness;
His countenance beholds the upright."
(12)"You shall keep them, O LORD,
You shall preserve them from the generation forever.
The wicked prowl on every side,
When vileness is exalted among the sons of men."
(13)"I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me."
(14)"Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the LORD brings back the captivity of His people,
Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad."
(15)"He who does these things shall never be moved."
(16)"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
(17)"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness."
(18)"Great diliverance He gives to His king,
And shows mercy to His anointed,
To David and his descendants forevermore."
(19)"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer."
(20)"Save, LORD!
May the King answer us when we call."
(21)Be exalted, O LORD, in Your own strength!
We will sing and praise Your power."
(22)"A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this."
(23)Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever."
(24)"Who is this King of glory?
The LORD of hosts,
He is the King of glory. Selah"
(25)"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.
Redeem Israel, O God, Out of all their troubles!"
(26)"My foot stands in an even place;
In the congregations I will bless the LORD."
(27)Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!"
(28)"The LORD is their strength,
And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever."
(29)The LORD will give strength to His people;
The LORD will bless His people with peace."
(30)To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O LORD my God,
I will give thanks to You forever."
(31)"Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD."
(32)"Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.
Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!"
(33)"Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You."
(34)"The LORD redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned."
(35)"And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness
And of Your praise all the day long."
(36)"There the workers of iniquity have fallen;
They have been cast down and are not able to rise."
(37)"And the LORD shall help them and deliver them;
He shall deliver them from the wicked,
And save them,
Because they trust in Him."
(38)"Do not forsake me, O LORD;
O my God, be not far from me!
Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation!"
(39)"Remove Your gaze from me, that I may regain strength,
Before I go away and am no more."
(40)"But I am poor and needy;
Yet the LORD thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God."
(41)"Blessed be the LORD God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting!
Amen and Amen."
(42)"Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."
(43)"Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted withing me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."

Just to name a few. Those last two listed are even a repitition of each other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home