More than Church and Morals

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

How do you raise good children?

"Marie, what do you think? How did your parents do it with you all?" -Dr. J.
*thinks*"I don't know." -Me

Which is true, if it weren't for God I don't know who I'd be. But when I think about the places I stumble so much, I don't like the person I imagine at all. But I don't want to say they failed in each and every way. But I made some decisions about things I wouldn't do because I know how much they hurt me when used with me. But I also think that one thing is that, even when I was flaming mad at them, one or both of them, and they were losing patience with me and my stubborn attitude, they often reminded me that they loved me, and they did their best to teach us right and wrong. But most of all it's how God led us. It's a miracle how any of us turned out.

*sighs* If I had more time this might've been a deeper entry. But I've got all these things on my mind about stuff I need to do during my break that nothing's coming quickly enough :-).

"Children need love, especially when they don't deserve it."
-Someone with a thought of wisdom-
So, what about you all? What is something you really appreciate about how your parents raised you and you'd like to remember and pass on if you ever raise children?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home