More than Church and Morals

Sunday, April 09, 2006

We are barrelling ahead

So, as of this past Thursday Marie is officially graduated from the National Personal Training Institute and, beside lack of diploma, am a real Certified Personal Trainer. I should receive my diploma in about a month because I have no hours to make up, no information/forms to turn in, and owe no money. Woohoo. But it's also kind of scary...well, ish. More like...mind-boggling -- I have a specialization in something and will now be working full-time in something everyone is proud of me for doing.

Something tells me this is not my main place -- my purpose. I'm not exactly sure what all else lies in my future, what God will call me to, but this isn't it. This is not my calling. Not to say God won't be glorified in where I am right now -- Lord willing He will be glorified no matter where I am. But if I settled here and didn't keep an eye out for something else I would be restless and dissatisfied. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I went through the class and all! But have any of you ever had the feeling that you tried so hard to go for your dreams, but no one believed that you could reach them, or didn't really want you to reach them, so you got discouraged and finally headed in another direction and, after much pain and sorrow, achieved things that made everyone around you proud of you and excited for you?

Thought of the day:
"If you could pick out any person you know who truly lived what they said: cared about the poor and then helped them out; visited the people that everyone else considers the outcasts: the drug addicts, alcoholics, "sinners" -- truly cared about people, he would be worth following, don't you think?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home