More than Church and Morals

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Worth It

Creation Fest 2010: A Tribute to Our Creator.
  Looking at all the people, I'm struck by what I see: A lot of people, here for a good time with friends and good music, some here just because a friend came, others forced by parents to partake in a Christian activity. It's hard to see who is really here to praise the Lord. I know there are some, like me, but most are teenagers who don't have faith of their own just yet.
  I look at the sea of people...and wonder if a difference is really being made...
  Then on a walk back from the jons, Samantha and I pass a guy and a girl on their way down, evidence of tears on the girl's pink nose and cheeks and serious expression, her arm around the guy, whose tears are still flowing; and I'm struck with a sudden revelation:
  This one is worth it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home