More than Church and Morals

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hurry Back

I said, "Sure, baby, sure I'll be OK
You can bet that I'll dream about you each day
Please, don't forget me
Please, come back safe to me; but I'll be OK."
Well, baby hurry back
'Cause I didn't know I'd miss you
As much as I do
I got all peopled out today. Went to a different church today for someone's Confirmation, mingled with those from my Bible study group afterward at the lunch the church served, came home for maybe an hour, hour-na-half, drove with Rebekah to the RBC Family Picnic, and came home. I was worn out. I ended up not going to Bible study tonight -- I know I'll hear about it later, but sometimes you need that time. I mean, it's not like I spent that time away from God, in fact, it was just me an' Him in my world. There was only one human being I wanted to see and hang out with at that time, which of course didn't help me in the way of cheerfulness because there was nothing I could about contacting/hanging out with that person. Which of course made the missing even stronger. I miss my companion. But God helped me feel better. He heard my pain and frustration and let me lay my head on His shoulder for comfort. I cried, "God, I've never felt like I've known You better than when I got to know him, and when we stopped acting like friends my relationship with You suffered as well, and though You brought me back again I still can't seem to get as close as when he and I were friends... and there's nothing I can do about it." As I parked in the Safeway parking lot and got out of my car to get Mom coffee I felt this incredible calm, and couldn't help smiling.
Oh, I wish everyone would know God like this -- His love is a stronger version of the love of a husband and wife 'most everyone longs to experience, and He longs for everyone to experience His. But one person can't keep a marriage alive, and He won't force you to do your part.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...the love of a husband and wife 'most everyone longs to experience,"

*grins inwardly* Uhh, nevermind, sorry.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Marie said...

? I don't get it.

 
At 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

most everone, not me!

-Ani

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home