More than Church and Morals

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Great Plunge into Adulthood

It's the event that is taking place in most of our lives right now. Sometimes it makes me sad, sometimes I get excited, sometimes I worry that the responsibility will come too fast and I won't be ready for it. But, after some recent happenings in my life, I determined that I wouldn't be sad that so many of you all who are so near and dear to me are going to be farther away for a longer length of time than ever before...since I've met you anyway. Why? Because I'm not going to let that really affect anything if I can help it. I want you all to know, even more than before, how much I love you guys and how much you all mean to me -- every single one of you. I'm going to fight for the relationships I have with you all and my family -- especially my closest sister. I asked someone once how their brother was -- from what his brother had told me they had been close like my sister and I -- and he almost got defensive and said, "I don't know. We don't really have anything in common anymore." And it made me sad that he said that. I was thinking, "And you're just going to let him slip away from you?! You're not going to do anything about it?!" And I thought about Rebekah, and was like, "I don't think we've ever had much in common!" But she's one of the best friends I'll have. Hehe, this is the girl that I got into fist fights with, heated arguements with, tossed blame back and forth with -- we seriously wanted to strangle each other sometimes we clashed so much! But she's also the one I can tell pretty much anything, we've laughed together, cried together, hung out together, shared a bedroom (and sometimes a bed) together my entire life. And I would never just let us drift away.

I love you guys so much, you just have no idea, it's beyond words and comprehension -- and to think God's love is more so. I can't believe we'd ever hurt Him -- much less want to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home