More than Church and Morals

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My All-in-All

Today brings a few new reliefs:
1. I have a new start date for a potentially full-time job
2. I have a good amount of other work/back-up work to do if it's not
3. My accounts are stressfully low, but I have a little bit
of money I haven't yet deposited into my account
4. I have groceries, hopefully enough for the rest of this month

Of course, the ultimate relief has always been my personal connection with a God who is never out of control (Psalm 121), who's always watching out for my very best (Psalm 139:17-18; Jeremiah 29:11-13), and already knows the ultimate outcome (Psalm 139:16).

Sometimes it's hard to trust in Someone I can't see; but then I remember that, not only are the things I can see constantly changing and untrustworthy, but I also remember that my True Lover has never left me, or harmed me. Through good times, He has encouraged me, and given me rest, and through hard times, He has strengthened and fulfilled me, and greatly increased the wisdom entrusted to me.

And right now, while I have no solid, full-time job to count on, I have not missed a payment or a meal yet, and I've even managed to still have a few extras -- coffee, or lunch out occasionally, or a snack/dessert treat.

Speaking of food, my stomach is telling me to start making dinner!

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Just read your blog and wanted to add this verse that has really helped me.

1 Peter 1:8 (New International Version)

8Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,


Blessings

-Dan

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Celeste Victoria said...

Awesome! That explains it EXACTLY!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home