More than Church and Morals

Friday, February 05, 2010

What Happens at Deerpath, Stays at Deerpath

The world after a heavy snow is hard to compare to -- at least where the city is concerned. Of course, the snow isn't even finished falling yet, but perhaps it's even more glorious a sight while those lovely white flakes are still drifting down.

A fire would be nice tonight, especially since I'm relaxing beside it while three of my friends finish our game of Monopoly. Yes, our game. I was the first to go. Landed on one of the pink places with a hotel on it, paid that, then next turn landed on a red slot with a hotel. John offered to take one of my monopolies in exchange for not paying rent, but it seemed inevitable that I would eventually wind up out, and giving up one of my two monopolies would just draw out the matter. So, I mortgaged everything, paid him off, then rolled a 6 and wound up in jail with only $34 left to my name. When I failed to roll doubles by my third attempt, we threw in my $34 dollars and considered me the first loser. Basically, I committed suicide in order to avoid the long, drawn-out process of torture. Cowardly, perhaps, although it is simply a board game, and I wouldn't actually commit suicide as opposed to going bankrupt in real life. Ah well, there is always next time. Ah, looky there, Ness won; guess I should get back to my guests, then.

I thought, several hours ago, that I'd wind up being snowed in alone, because Ginny and Smitty has just backed out from crashing here in Leesburg with me, which meant that John wouldn't be coming over, because it just wouldn't be appropriate for a guy to sleep over, "no matter how well we behave ourselves," and two of my three roommates are off on cruises, and the third had plans to get snowed in at her parents'. But, Ginny and Smitty reconsidered when I said they'd be welcome to stay Saturday night as well, if the roads weren't safe enough for them to head home that night, which turned out to be the only set-back in their minds, so they came over, as did Ness. If they hadn't reconsidered, Ness suggested dressing all in black, and getting some rope and duct tape and going to get them. So maybe they would've wound up here anyway ;-).

So far tonight, in addition to Monopoly, we worked at 3000 piece puzzle for a little while, attempted to watch John's brand new "Pink Panther" movie, but it started skipping and freezing half way through, started Monopoly, paused for a dinner of spaghetti and garlic toast (needed more garlic, though), and then finished Monopoly. John is now pre-heating the oven for cookies, and soon will commence several rounds of different kinds of Poker, played either with poker chips, or Monopoly money.

Our agenda for tomorrow, is: eat breakfast of eggs, hash browns, oranges, milk and biscuits, and then suit up and head outside to sled and build interesting snow men. When we've finally had our fill of playing in the snow, we'll trek back inside for pizza and hot chocolate. The rest of the day is TBD, but probably more of the same as tonight, depending on how late the three of them stay or if they sleep over another night.

Mmm, the smell of cookies baking in the oven. Hosting calls! :-D

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the best weekends I can ever remember.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home