More than Church and Morals

Monday, June 12, 2006

Talk about speaking...

I was looking for a totally different verse, and I stumbled upon one that, not only did I mark it, but I boxed it in. I don't even know why it caught my attention the first time when I boxed it in.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you." ~Psalm 32:8&9
My boss and I talked a couple nights ago, where it was revealed that I'm still pretty defensive when it comes to being corrected. I thought I was over that, darn it! So I'm trying to be better, but I seriously think they purposely make me do anything I'm unsure about doing. I can't help it, every time I'm assigned another calling job, or experimenting on patients with exercises if I can't read someone's handwriting because it's "unprofessional" to ask what it says, or try out myofacial release on a patient when I've only seen it done and attempted it on one of the chiropractors once...I panic. I should've asked Anthony how he does it. You'd only get a hint that he was terrified of doing something if he had a choice in the matter. I suppose that's a big reason why God made us friends -- so I'd know that it could be done. If only I could find out how. God, I don't want to be pushed out of my comfort zone anymore, but I know if I ask to be taught to be brave like Ani...well, what happens when you pray for patience? Yeah. And I'm tired of being pushed out of my comfort zone, I just want to do something I'm good at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home