More than Church and Morals

Saturday, November 25, 2006

It's a little scary learning to fall

So, I suppose I should let all ya'll who read this in on a little something. It'll shock some of you, a couple of you already know what I'm going to say, and some of you will probably just be like, "Oh cool..." So here goes *takes deep breath*

REE'S GOT A BOYFRIEND

If you're shocked and wondering what, where, why, when, how?! Don't worry, you're not alone -- so am I. He kinda snuck around the corner, jumped in front of me and shouted, "BOO!" And I was so shocked I couldn't even scream, "AHHHH!"

A couple of you know what a big leap in the dark this is for me. A lot of me is scared to death I'm not thinking straight, or I answered to the positive for all the wrong reasons, or that I'm just setting one or both of us up for some sort of heartbreak that neither of us needs. My mom talks as if she's fairly certain I only said, "Yes" so I'd have a boyfriend and not be the oddball with Rebekah and Nick both going out with somebody, and doesn't seem to realize how much thought and prayer went into it. Some may even think I'm taking it too seriously/ being too cautious.

But he's so much fun to be around, and I wanted to get to know him better, and I knew not much would change if I said, "Yes," and now...it seems like the most natural thing in the world. Like it was meant to be... A couple of you, who know in detail the things that have been going on in the past, and the things I thought I was so sure about, though, know why I have some doubts and questions.

So yeah, a bit about him: his name is Dan Foster, he's the GM of Vocelli's in Reston and is soon to be opening his own Vocelli's in Maryland sometime early next year. He wasn't planning on going out with anyone for a while yet, but decided that he'd rather ask me out now and find out what would happen then wait and let someone else get me without ever knowing if he'd have had a chance. He explained it, "1 out of every 2 people regrets something they did, but 84% of people regret something they didn't do." He's always setting goals for himself, always speaks positively in order to keep himself positive, and is really really amazing at making pizza's. And of course he's a lot more than all that.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CONGRATS!!!

When do I get to interrogate him?!?!!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home