More than Church and Morals

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just Breathe

"Times are hard, and rends are had
What can a working girl do?
But struggle through another day,
And I'll take care of you
Nights are long, and dreams are cold
If they're all you wake up to
But should you rise with crying eyes
Then I'll take care of you
So let them talk about us
Let them call us funny things;
People sometimes do
But I don't care as long
As you know I love you;
Oh, and you know I do
I'll be there, but you might not see me
It's never easy to get through
But when the laughter dies away
Then I'll take care of you
Darling, I'll take care of you."

I was feeling weak and discouraged. I started to force myself to think of that song, "I'll Take Care of You" by the Dixie Chics that often helps me remember that I'm not living for myself but I'm here to help others, be there for others. It helps me refocus and know that, as a maturing believer, I must learn and then prepare to teach. Lean on, and let myself be leaned on. Particularly focussing on being leaned on. Being that support that helps you stand when you can't on your own; being the quiet strength and spiritual support and encouragment needed to keep you going.

I was tired of being the adult in my life, tired of keeping track of money, fighting my resent of phone calling, trying to please my boss and fellow co-workers, trying to please friends, trying to improve myself. I was tired of being responsible and being the decision maker for work, school, where I go, when I study, etc. I didn't want any of it anymore. I felt like I had so much to do and no time to do it, and I was tired of being that busy, and knowing I couldn't just take a week off of work to just get stuff done.

I sent up a silent plea, God, help me!

I began to think of that song, and to sing it in my mind in the same way I always had. I'll take care of you. Be strong, Marie, others need you to be strong, you can't break, you must stand!

But God stopped me after the first few words of the song.

I'll take care of you.
I'll be there, but you might not see Me
It's never easy to get through
But when the laughter dies away
Then I'll take care of you
Darling, I'll take care of you.

I closed my eyes and looked up into His kind face. A small smile played on His lips, and His eyes danced with love. He cupped my face in His hands and in my mind I closed my eyes as well as He spoke and I felt all my anxiety melt away.

"I'm taking care of you. You're not going at this alone. I'm here for you to lean on, I'm hear for you to learn from. I am your husband, let Me take care of you. I love you. Let Me be that role in your life."

I cannot express what went on that day. It was so amazing, and I hope you might experience similar things your life, wherever you need it. I needed to realize the reality of His role in my life as a husband figure, the Supporter, the Leader. I needed to realize that I don't need to be everything in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home