More than Church and Morals

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Phil. 3:12-16

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahread, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind."

Wow, that about sums up the symbolism of my baptism for me. That sums up what I wished to declare that day. I press on that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. I seek it diligently, sometimes get impatient, but amazingly He's been training me well so that impatience does not so easily get a hold of me anymore. I wondered when that would happen. I recently told Him that He should probably just give up trying to teach me patience, because I didn't want to keep waiting for things and would always be impatient with them. I don't think He's accepted that answer, but I see how much His training has changed me. Now to memorize this so it will continue to do me good. I don't wish to just be like, "Oh, that's so interesting." and then completely forget about it. Now what good would that do, and what point would that accomplish?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home