More than Church and Morals

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Thousand Prayers

God's provision: I wish I could (or would) keep better track. I cannot tell you how many times He has come through in answer to prayers from me and others. Even more so, I cannot tell you how many times He has come through when I neglected to so much as trust Him, opting instead to simply worry or outright complain that I lacked anything -- usually something of very little importance in the grand scheme of things.

I put my finances in His hands when it came to the amount of money I put towards my cat's vet bill, praying that He would look out for me as any emergency on my part, or car insurance in the next few months could "break the bank" so they say. A few days ago I found an envelope from an anonymous friend which held gift cards that will take me through the next month, maybe more for gas and groceries. But when it came to my physical safety, particularly the safety of my wrists while snowboarding, I essentially complained as though I would not escape without a broken one without wrist guards even though I had never used them in the past. I have wrist guards....at my parents' house, and I did not have time to go find them. So a friend and I did a quick stop at Target where I found a pack of...one. My friend promised we would stop and look again along the way when we stopped for groceries for the weekend getaway, but we stopped at a Giant. Perhaps they had wrist guards, I failed to look, although I would be surprised to find them there, anyway when a Super Target did not have them. When we arrived at the cabins with everyone else and I realized this, I lost it, startling everyone there unfortunate enough to hear my pathetic complaints and worries. And what happened? The very next morning, as one of my cabin-mates was getting ready, guess what she found stashed among her snowboarding gear leftover from her roller-blading days? You got it: wrist guards, that she doesn't use for snowboarding and was all too willing to lend me for the day. I did not need to spend a single unnecessary penny for wrist guards I already own.

Why do I ever neglect to praise Him? Why do I ever fail to trust Him? Over and over again He reveals just how much He cares about me, and that since everything is in His control, I will not get hurt if He does not allow it. And if He allows it, He has a blessed good reason for it, regardless of whether I see what that is or not.

God, help me to stop forgetting You. Make Yourself my first, and last, resort; that if others see, they might give You praise, in Jesus', my blessed intercessor's name, let it be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home