More than Church and Morals

Sunday, March 09, 2008

This Morning Holds a Blessing

So, I got a new phone. And somewhere between Wednesday, when I first got the phone, and today (most likely sometime in the span of yesterday, but that's not positive), someone apparently got a hold of it and wrote something in my Notepad. It's kind of amazing that I actually found it, because I wouldn't think to use the Notepad very often. But last night I forgot my notebook and pen at the Leesburg hangout house, so when Jeff said something this morning that I wanted to write down, I took out my phone and set about finding the Notepad. What I saw was this:

Marie is amazing. Hopefu...
Confused, I opened the note to see the whole thing. This is what it said:
Marie is amazing.
Hopefully she never thinks otherwise.
I have no idea who wrote it there, but you can imagine, my mouth was hanging open -- it's just not something you expect to see when you open up your Notepad! I almost teared up, I was so touched.
And there's no way for me to know how it got there (haha, unless the phone service just automatically puts it there, I don't know if that's possible or not), because my phone passed through many hands yesterday.
Some random quotes I really like:
"We worry about tomorrow then it slips away; we talk about forever but we've only got today." -The Days Go By (Keith Urban)
"I hijacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold." -Who Says You Can't go Back? (Sugarland)
"Are those yours?" -Devin, referring to the sunglasses on my head
"Yes."
*Devin says with attitude* "Those don't even fit me! They're too small for my head."
Me- "Thanks Devin."
"God, I've let you down so many times." -Person
"No, you were never holding Me up." -God
"You look in the mirror and you see junk. If you're junk, what does that say about Me? I don't make time to make junk." -God
"Look in your back pocket." -God
"God!" -Person
"What?" -God
"I...I was just saying, God, I'll do that right now." -Person
"No you weren't, you just used My name in vain." -God
"It's a saying, it's just a name!" -Person
"No, it's not just a name; it's a Name above all names." -God
What are you going to do with what you know? What is holding you back from doing all you can for God?
Just some things to think about from today. So, here at last is my monthly entry ;-). Maybe, if I can find time and topic, I'll write another one.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM , Blogger dog_and_boy said...

Monthly? You skipped February!
That's really cool that you found that note in your phone! It's cool you got a new phone, too! I am coming home in eight more days, I sure hope I get to see you!
-Ani

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home