More than Church and Morals

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I actually remember these

The four verses that stuck out to me over today and yesterday. I actually remember them all:

"I consider my life worth nothing to me if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me: the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

"Therefore I discipline my body and bring it into submission, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."

"Most men will tell of their goodness,
But who can find a faithful man?"

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men."


The first two I thought of while running two days ago. The first one I already had memorized, the second one I could only think, "into submission, into submission" and looked it up when I got home. I forced myself to slow down to a pace that I could keep up, and I ran a mile :-D go me! (and scripture that keeps my mind occupied so I don't get so bored I stop running to walk while I read a book). I didn't know I could run a mile! Of course, I had also asked God to show me amazing things...so that could certainly have something to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home