More than Church and Morals

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Split Personality

Roni and I were put on call for today, so we had the day off. I was excited because I'd have time to focus on reading a book one of the patient's left us that her daughter helped write. The day was going great, and then 3 o'clock hit and for some reason I began to feel extremely restless. I prayed, read my Bible a little, and searched my heart to find out what it was. Finally I decided I needed to go to the Safeway Starbuck's, get coffee, and leave a tract for Nelsey, whom I'd met one day during my work break. So I went, and brought in change for a tip 'cause I was gonna use my debit, and saw that Nelsey wasn't working, but in fact a girl I didn't know and a guy I had often seen at RBC growing up. We greeted each other in that I-recognize-you! fashion, and I asked if he still attended RBC and learned that he has been for the summer, but attends a different church in Richmond, where he goes to college at VCU. Then I ordered mine and my mom's coffee, kind of like, "Ok, well that kind of changed my plans," and saw that there was no tip jar, so it didn't matter that I'd purposely brought in change. But when I left, I still felt better, a little more calmed down.

I guess my job and other aspects of life have affected me a lot more than I thought...to think talking to some random person I may never have spoken to before would calm my restless spirit is astounding! I suppose I should search for things to talk to others at 7.24 tonight. I am now ready to continue my reading, and to continue dreaming that there really are faeries out there, and wish I could be one of them...:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home