More than Church and Morals

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pay Day

There is a track by Sterling Elementary that I've been trying to go to at least once a week to run a mile (since I finally found a pace I could keep up for the entire way without slowing to a walk at intervals). And the place to park (legally) is somewhere across the street in the neighborhood. At least that's where I've been parking (mainly because there's shade for my car). So I have to cross the street and deal with any stares or honks, or waves, or phrases that those in the vehicles passing by have to throw at me.

But lately, the verses that have been going through my head while I run made me think differently today as I left the track. I run the verses through my mind of perseverance (even if it wasn't meant for physically training my body). It also had to do with something DR Carlson said on Sunday, about encouraging words and compliments from other people are coming from God through those people.

So I thought, after one truck drove by and the guy honked and waved, that it's a good thing. It's a compliment and encouragment to my hard work. The hard work is continuing to pay off. God is proud of me and with me in doing what is hard to keep my body healthy. As He is when we work to keep all other aspects of ourselves healthy as well -- mind, spirit, and body alike.

"But I discipline my body and bring it
into subjection lest,
When I have preached to others,
I myself should become disqualified."
-1 Corinthians 9:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home